9.22.2007

emails, directories, and amanda brammall

so here's the deal. as previously noted, i barged into Diverse Talent Group (one of the top 15 agencies in all of LA) and demanded some face time with Angeline Cook. fine. she promised to read my script personally. fine. two weeks later...nothing. not fine.

i emailed her and politely asked if she'd read my frickin' script. she responded and promised to read it this weekend. two weeks later...nothing. i emailed her again; spinning WTF into an eloquent letter inquiring as to the status of my script. nothing.

my barrel of patience bone dry, i decided to call the agency and speak to her.

receptionist: Diverse talent. How may I help you?
me: Angeline Cook please.
receptionist: I'm sorry, she's no longer here.
me: What do you mean? Has she left for the day?
receptionist: No. She's no longer working here.
me: (12 second pause) Well...do you have a phone number I can reach her at?
receptionist: No.
me: Is she at another agency that I could call?
receptionist: I'm afraid I don't have that information.


a multitude of curse words began piling up in my mouth. I hung up the phone. wonderful. what now? what...now.

i recently purchased an Agency Directory and located the name of another agent at Diverse Talent; Amanda Brammall. Based on Angeline's company email address, I figured it was some combination of Amanda's name @DiverseTalentGroup.com

Now came the fun part; unlocking the code:
REJECTED.
REJECTED.
REJECTED.

finally, the tenth variation went through. success! that was last week and i still hadn't gotten a response; until this morning. the email was asking me to update my information with my agent and mentioned various success the agency has recently had. i promptly wrote back and said that my agent was M.I.A. and I was unsure how to proceed. i requested a meeting with another agent in order to continue where Angeline left off.

now i reset my clock and the waiting game re-commences.

No comments: