11.12.2007

chelan county, my blog, and charles manson

this week i found out that i have an unlikely group of individuals who are regular readers of my blog - the inmates at the Chelan County Jail! apparently i'm quite popular within the criminal demographic. who knew! welcome aboard!

i have a relative who was recently enjoying a stay at their lovely facility and upon her release called to inform me that every new blog entry (unbeknownst to me) was faithfully printed off and mailed to the jail by my grandmother.

from what i've been told, the inmates began looking forward to my perspective on the outside world and would actively seek out my kin to ask when the next one was coming. i envisioned her bargaining with hardcore inmates with names like Bertha and Madge for a chance to peek at my text; bartering for a carton of cigarettes in exchange for some insight on the latest goings-on at Red Lobster.

with any luck my blog will quietly slip through the US prison system like contraband; perhaps even reaching the eyes of luminaries such as Charlie Manson or Ted Kaczynski (amateur writers, just like me!).

so thank you for reading, loyal prisoners! keep on keepin' on! until next time...

No comments: