6.28.2007

wash, rinse, and repeat

i finally decided to treat myself to another car wash. this one was $12, so I figured it must be good. there was a squadren of fourteen highly trained men standing at the ready when I rolled in. i handed them my car keys and made sure i removed all my valuables; cell phone, ipod, americano. i don't need them sneaking a few sips.

four of them peeled away from the pack and began vacuuming the hell out of my car. alright. cool. complimentary vacuum.

they pulled my car in front of this quarter-mile strip containing a series of cleaning stations that it would go through; each with a solitary man standing guard, overseeing the soap distribution ratio or whatever.

after its run though the gauntlet, they pull my car over to the parking area and four more break away and run towards my car. all four doors and the trunk-lid burst open. they begin furiously scrubbing and polishing every piece of metal inside and out. then the windex bottles come out and every inch of glass is cleaned. i've never actually seen human beings move that fast before. their limbs were just vague blurs of flesh moving around inside my car.

they finished and waved me over. it looked brand new, all sparkly and glistening in the sunshine. i had to look away for a moment to wipe the tear from my eye. i didn't want them to see me like that.

I slipped those little rascals two bucks and gave them a "Buenos Dias!" and a wink.

No comments: